We hope and pray that you and your family are doing well during these unprecedented times. Please know that our top priority is to keep our Scouts, volunteers, staff, and their families safe.
The Lewis M. Sansom Scout Center and Scout Shop are both currently closed due to COVID-19. We are evaluating the status of our Knoxville operations each Friday for the following week.
Our camps are currently closed through May 30th. Staff members are working from home, primarily by mobile phone and email. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of us.
All in-person council or district meetings, events, and activities are currently postponed through May 30, 2020. These meetings should use technology to conduct business by conference call or web conference.
Units can hold in-person meetings and activities based on your school system’s closures. This is for all units, whether your unit meets at a school or not. If your school system is closed, the unit should not meet in-person or hold in-person activities. If your school system is open, your unit should consider your individual circumstances and current CDC and local health department guidelines. Where possible, we strongly encourage units to use technology to meet with your units. All Youth Protection standards must be followed.
Look below for the following sections:
Scout Me In @ Home activities
Camp Card details
Below are a number of resources for Scouting at Home. They include GSMC’s options, as well as other councils and the National BSA. If there are other resources that you think would be beneficial to other leaders, please email Jennifer.Williams@scouting.org.
Online Merit Badge Classes: For more details CLICK HERE. For Scouts ages 11-17. All classes are held in the Eastern Time Zone.
Camp at Home – deadline April 17, 2020 / winners announced April 20, 2020
Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Philmont Scout Ranch
Cards & Prizes for Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, and Philmont. Share your photos and include these hashtags #eastTNscouts #scoutmeinathome – deadline April 15, 2020 / winner announced April 17, 2020.
STEM Project at Home – Lava Lamp Directions found HERE
30 Day Challenges
Buckeye Council – 6 week online program (do as much or as little as you choose.) CLICK HERE
Scouting Magazine – 58 merit badges. We will be offering a number of these with virtual instructors. Be on the lookout for sign ups. In the meantime, you can take any merit badge virtually with your Scoutmaster’s, your parents’, and the Merit Badge Counselor’s permission. CLICK HERE
Check out National BSA’s Scouting at Home site for ideas for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturing programs. CLICK HERE
New England Base Camp. CLICK HERE
*We will be offering a number of contests. As each new contest is released, we will email and post to Social Media.
During this time that Scout Shops are closed and a leader needs to purchase Rank advancement items, please use the following steps.
1) Unit Leader will email in their Scoutbook Advancement report to NDCSupply.Orders@scouting.org
2) Please include contact phone number so that the Customer Service team member can contact for payment information.
3) Customer Service Rep will contact Unit Leader for credit card information, ship to and bill to address, and verify the correct Council along with the actual advancement needed.
Also, please know that Eagle Scout credentials and certificates are produced in the North Carolina-based NDC. Their state’s COVID orders do not allow for them to operate. Credentials and certificates will resume once they are able to go back.
Camp Card Sale Update 5/13/2020
Dear Camp Card Volunteer,
We hope that you and your families are doing well and staying safe. Below is the latest update pertaining to the Camp Card Sale and the Council Service Center:
1. In-person Camp Card sales may begin June 1 and will run through June 30.
2. If your Scouts wish to sell, they must have approval from their unit leader and the locations they wish to sell at.
3. All show-n-sell locations will be limited to 6 or less people including adults.
4. Food City remains postponed for door-front sales by all youth organizations. We will inform you if and when this changes.
5. All door-to-door sales will be limited to 4 or less people including adults.
6. The Lewis M. Sansom Scout Center will open May 12, 2020 for curbside service for anyone who needs to pick up or drop off cards.
Again, it is very important that each of you share this with your unit leadership and families. Please direct any questions to your District Executive or Neal Drown at firstname.lastname@example.org / 865-227-3378. Thank you for your leadership and patience as we continue to monitor and assess this situation. A complete list of units selling cards in your area is available HERE.
Good luck and happy selling!