The safety of our youth is our first and more important responsibility. This applies to online spaces just as much as the real world. BSA’s Youth Protection guidelines will be in effect throughout the Virtual ScoutFest 2020 Event. All ZOOM conferences, and social media posts will be moderated for Scout appropriate content and behavior. Inappropriate content will be removed.
- Always get your parent’s permission before participating in any the activities offered.
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to participate in any activity.
- All ZOOM conferences must include at least two adults.
- Private chat and participant screen sharing will be disabled.
- DO NOT share any personal contact information.
- DO NOT tag youth in any photos or videos.
- Refer to youth by first name and last initial ONLY. ex. Joe S of Pack 999
- DO NOT engage in any private chat or other form of private or one-on-one conversations.
- Use your full name or parent’s name when connecting to a ZOOM conference so you can be identified.
Parents may report any content of concern, or request to have any photo or video of their child removed by emailing a link to the content in question to: DavidM.Williams@scouting.org
For immediate needs call David at 865-323-0846.
By submitting my video or photos I hereby assign and grant to the Great Smoky Mountain Council, the Cherokee Area Council, the Blue Grass Council and the Boy Scouts of America, as well as their authorized representatives, the right and permission to use and publish the photographs/film/ videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings made of me or my child at all Scouting activities, and I hereby release the Boy Scouts of America, the local council, the activity coordinators, and all employees, volunteers, related parties, or other organizations associated with the activity from any and all liability from such use and publication. I further authorize the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage, and/or distribution of said photographs/film/videotapes/ electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of the BSA and I specifically waive any right to any compensation I may have for any of the foregoing.