Popcorn Sales and Other Fundraising Activities
Every Fall, Scouts in the Great Smoky Mountain Council sell popcorn, by taking orders from family, friends, and neighbors and by selling directly (“show and sell”) at pre-approved locations, like neighborhood grocery stores. Top sellers can earn exciting prizes. As the parent of a Scout, chances are you’ll end up eating a lot of popcorn over the winter as well as helping your Scout with transportation, record keeping, and setting up to show and sell
Every Spring, Scouts sell Camp Cards — “snap apart” cards containing a variety of valuable discount offers at local businesses. There is no risk on your part; unsold cards are simply returned to the council. Your commitment level will be similar to the popcorn sale. Complete your unit commitment for 2020 using the link below.
Unit Money-earning Application
If your unit is planning a money-earning project that is not coordinated by the Great Smoky Mountain Council, you must complete an Money-earning Application at least two weeks in advance of the proposed date of the project for approval.
Camp Card Sale Update
Dear Camp Card Volunteer,
We hope that you and your families are doing well and staying safe. Below is the latest update pertaining to the Camp Card Sale and the Council Service Center:
1. In-person Camp Card sales may begin June 1 and will run through June 30.
2. If your Scouts wish to sell, they must have approval from their unit leader and the locations they wish to sell at.
3. All show-n-sell locations will be limited to 6 or less people including adults.
4. Food City remains postponed for door-front sales by all youth organizations. We will inform you if and when this changes.
5. All door-to-door sales will be limited to 4 or less people including adults.
6. The Lewis M. Sansom Scout Center will open May 12, 2020 for curbside service for anyone who needs to pick up or drop off cards.
Again, it is very important that each of you share this with your unit leadership and families. Please direct any questions to your District Executive or Neal Drown at firstname.lastname@example.org / 865-227-3378. Thank you for your leadership and patience as we continue to monitor and assess this situation. A complete list of units selling cards in your area is available HERE.
Good luck and happy selling!